Friday, July 14, 2017

Sunburns & Discounts

IMG_4528 IMG_4208 IMG_4526
IMG_4527

This week I Learned . . .
  1. Sometimes in life you witness why some people behave the way you do. Sometimes all the pieces fit together and suddenly make sense. I'm for sure an empath. At times I wish I didn't care as much as I do, but then I guess I wouldn't be me ? This isn't supposed to be a humble-brag-victim-saint comment. I've just always have over-cared. I like to understand people. I also like to please people and make folks happy- sometimes it's a PROBLEM
  2. Always keep a bottle of sunscreen spray in the summer. My back is SO burned from a 3 hour trip to the water park at the zoo. 
  3. I take much better photographs, when I am excited about who and what I am shooting. I've learned in recent times that I loathe event photography. I won't do it anymore. If it's not portraits in a controlled environment, I don't want to do it. I also learned that people who want to network with you will lie, and not pay you... (NO MORE EVENTS!) 
  4. I can't cook bacon... I either under-cook or over-cook. HOW DOES ONE MAKE BACON PROPERLY ?!
  5. Sometimes I'm one of those lucky people who manages to catch a deal on things. I got all of Dominic's uniform for the low prices of $20, thanks to $80 off in rewards. I also found him new tennis shoes for $8 at Target. WOO HOO !
  6. Never tell my mom if you plan to buy furniture. Correction if you're ME... don't tell your mom you plan on buying a piece of furniture. I need a desk. I was going to buy a beautiful brand new one... my mom bombards me with Craigslist links for  heavy wood-oak furniture from the 80s because "it's less than 50 dollars"  *insert side-eye emoji* 
  7. Always be the lady who brings taco dip for food day. It doesn't matter how much you remind me, I will ALWAYS forget.... until the day of. I think I've brought taco dip for the last 4 years... I also think I've managed to whip it up at work half of those time. Why can't I just remember ?!
So I had every intention of writing a weekend recap post all week, but I was busier than normal and it just didn't happen.

3 comments

  1. Yup, people pleasing can certainly be a problem. I use to be such a people pleaser. I had to learn the hard way but it's a good lesson to learn.

    Girl, it's so true. I also feel the same way! Which is probably why I don't want to take pictures of strangers, because how do you know you'd like them, hahahaha. Also, I'm all about portrait, food, landscapes. Things that you can control somewhat. Events are just too unpredictable. If the lighting is off you're screwed and these people still want good images. No thank you!

    Start it on the stove for a few minutes and then finish cooking the bacon in the oven.

    That's a steal, woohoo! I love getting good deals like that.

    LMAO. Your mom! She's a saint :)

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH! I just keep beating a dead- horse and I'm like JUST STOP.

      You don't always like them. . . You have to suck it up, smile, and make small talk so it's not completely the worst.

      I'm trying out this oven business.

      I WOULD MOVE THERE IN A HEART BEAT if I could!

      Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Move to PA that way we can be camera, blogging buddies. I need a friend like you in my REAL life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© - Emily Jane -. Design by FCD.