Monday, June 26, 2017

Document the Hour: 5 AM (yup...)

1 2 3 4 5

6/24/17

I woke up shortly after 5 in the morning. I laid there for awhile, trying to get back to sleep. Dominic was laying next to me - snoring away. I looked at him in envy, as I finally dragged my ass out to the living room. I checked my cell phone I had a few missed texts from  my best friend over-explaining the side effects of her medication. I also had one from Eric which stated "I just thought I'd tell you I love you and goodnight" he sent in the middle of the night. I closed my eyes and sighed. Things have not been going well with us the last couple of days. I decided that I would respond later. This too shall pass . . . and even if we don't make it, I'll be fine. I always am. The only perk to having a baby- daddy who broke your heart previously, is that any subsequent break ups from other relationships leave you rather detached.  The downside is all the rest of the emotional garbage you never quite (and possibly never will) let go of completely. Maybe it's just me. He's full of his own shit too.. Who isn't?

I caught up on some blog reading. I looked outside a quarter to 6 and saw the sun starting to rise. I decided to grab my camera and snap away. I felt calm. The perfect calm. The everything- no matter what, is going to be okay calm. I felt lucky. Everything was still. I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with the photos, so I resurrected an old series (I won't promise every month). Take photos of what I am seeing, what I'm doing, and what I was thinking in the moment. 

4 comments

  1. Awww, I hope you're not giving Eric a hard time, LMAO!

    I love catching the sun beginning to rise. Such a peaceful and inspiring moment. Lovely images!

    P.S. I missed your blog last week, glad that you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a peaceful moment to a sad day.

      Delete
  2. I like this series. Your photos are always so perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© - Emily Jane -. Design by FCD.