Rains

Monday, May 22, 2017

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Umm... I swear I will post less photographs. Maybe 5 or 6 images instead of 10+...

Saturday

- It has been the rainiest Spring ever. Last week alone it stormed more than not. The week itself was riddled with thunderstorms, high winds, and hail.

- Saturday morning was no exception, it was raining cats & dogs off and on through much of the morning time. When the lightning and subsided and only the rained remained, I decided "hey lets go to the Farmers Market". Weird, right? Here's the thing, the Farmers Market always has anxiety inducing crowds. I assumed hardly anyone would be there if I went on a rainy morning. I was right! Despite it being wet and chilly, Dominic and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I picked up some enchiladas (my MAIN reason for going... their authentic and freeze-able and the best things ever!), a fresh loaf of sourdough bread, and a small adorable arrangement of wild flowers. Dominic got a balloon shaped into an alligator. We were going to grab breakfast and coffee while we were downtown, but it started pouring after an hour, so we high-tailed it back to the car and I made breakfast at home.

- In the afternoon we went to a birthday party for my best friends daughter. That giant toddler just turned 3 years old! (she wears a 5T). We've recently become buddies ;) she's becoming less shy and terrified of other adults (sorta...) . Our sons ran around together and played. The grownups mostly sat around and chatted among ourselves. It was a typical toddler party :) However, she got SO many clothes... she will for sure be the best-dressed girl in daycare.

- After the birthday party my friends son & daughter went with their dad for the weekend, and Christina tagged along with me. I dropped Dominic off at his Nana's house for the evening & then we went to the mall. We both had date night with our respective boo's so we were looking for something new to wear. She found this gorgeous slinky tank top, and I found a sweater on clearance (LOL!) . I also had to pick up some new athletic shoes and a pair of sunglasses.

- After I dropped Christina off back home, I had a couple hours to kill. I beach-waved my hair, did my make up, and watched Chewing Gum on Netflix. I met boyfriend at work and we went to a restaurant called Jams. When we walked in there were chandeliers everywhere, and everything looked upscale. Fortunately, the menu prices didn't reflect the ambiance. He got steak tacos, I got fish... then we decided to share cheesecake for dessert. None of our food was all that good, and we had major stomach aches for the rest of the night. We couldn't really figure out what else to go do , so we just hung out at the house and binged Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Sunday 

- Boyfriend had to go to work at noon on Sunday. I had an hour to kill before picking up Dominic so I sat in a coffee shop. I brought my iPad and caught up on my blog reading and scrolled through Flickr for inspiration. It was nice to have an hour to myself to do that. Usually, Dominic is with me when I go and unless he has a fully charged iPhone (he plays on my old one) and wifi it's usually anything but relaxing.

- Dominic had his last soccer game of the season. He scored a few goals, got some pizza, and a trophy that he was BEYOND excited to have. He promptly forgot about it the second we got home, but I'm glad he was thrilled with the idea for 15 minutes.

- We had ANOTHER birthday party to go too. By this time Dominic and I were both over-tired and sick of having a non-stop weekend with zero down time. I had already RSVP'd with the mother and Dominic's classmate was already expecting us, so we went anyway. They had the party at a gymnasium. The kids had a ball! 12 of the 15 kids in Dominic's class showed up.

- While Dominic was at the birthday party his front tooth popped out! His other front tooth is barely hanging on (I wouldn't be surprised if he loses that one in a day or two). Poor kid always loses his teeth at the most inconvenient times. I had to interrupt his bounce-house time to go rinse out his mouth. I did the whole tooth fairy thing and when he got up Monday morning he looked at me and said "Why do I only get a dollar every time", and I snatched it from him and said fine, give it to me, and than he panicked and wanted it back. (we are working on being thankful/grateful lately). 

- Sunday night I sent him to bed early. I laid down early as well. Just as I was about to drift off to bed, I heard gunfire (we live hood-adjacent... so it happens occasionally). I could tell it was only a block or so away. I scooped up my little boy out of my bed, and put him in his bedroom, and I fell asleep in there too. His bedroom is way in the back of the house, where as mine is in the front, so I felt it would be the safest room for him to rest. It was definitely a dramatic end to a non-stop weekend.  

4 comments

  1. I'm hoping to get to the Farmer's Market this Saturday! It has been a little while and I've missed it!

    Wow, she's so big for three!

    You found a sweater, LMAO!!

    I'm obsessed with Chewing Gum, so funny! It reminds me so much of growing up in an African home, hahaha. Oh and I know it is not mentioned here but you were so right about the Get Down, love, love it!

    Hehehe, glad you took back that dollar and he panicked. That is a great way to teach him gratefulness :)

    Awww, that stinks. So scary. Glad you're both OK.

    Oh and I love that picture of the bread being cut! You know I like all the pictures, so don't share less, share more! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so lame with my sweater! I really do love it though. In autumn I'll be glad I bought it haha!

      At first Chewing Gum horrified me a little, but I kept watching it and now it's easily one of my favorites on Netflix. Tracy is hilarious!

      That one I actually took with my camera, but didn't really have another post I could put it with. ;)

      Delete
  2. P.S. Proud of you. I think this is the longest you've gone without deleting your blog and you're also blogging more regularly, lol! I hope I didn't just jinx it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to delete anything anymore. Or try to come up with super fun content. I was just going to write about my life and things I like or cool places/experiences. It is after all my form of journaling. <3

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© - Emily Jane -. Design by FCD.