Photography All the Time

Monday, May 8, 2017

1 2 3 4 5

Remember how just last Thursday I mentioned I was bummed that nobody was booking with me. I had 5 people this weekend alone book sessions with me :) I had sort of realized that I didn't have enough variety. I talked my best friend into taking family photos and voila ... suddenly folks are signing up. One person messaged me and said "I thought you only took photos of local rap artists" .... no... I just know a lot.

I sort of had a strange weekend... and given the randomness of these photos... I'm sure you all gathered that. . .

On Friday I got off work early. Boo-thang (yah we're back on this week... lol *insert eye-roll* we are officially that annoying couple...)  invited me to his aunts (not pictured) graduation party. His aunt is in her late 50s/early 60s, but she graduated from college for photography! She had her studio set up with photographs she had taken, and also random photographs from the 70s & 80s (which I LOVED) . I met a  TON of his family and everyone was very kind. We ate snacks, put in our allotted socializing time, and than dipped to go grab dinner, because we were STARVING. We went to a local gourmet burger joint, I bitched about my feet hurting (I was dressed to the nines!), and than we came back to my house and binged watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Saturday I took photographs of my best friend and her two kids (you can view a few on my Facebook page). The weather was gorgeous. After our mini-sesh we sat and talked while the kids chased each other, and grabbed some lunch.

Dominic's dance program is next Saturday. The teacher had them practicing their butt off. The rest of the afternoon we laid around. I was so pooped from being non-stop. In the evening we grabbed dinner at McDonald's, grabbed some ant spray from Lowes (... I have an ant prob... ugh!), and got a few groceries. I then sent Dominic to bed, and I stayed up entirely too late watching TV.

Sunday... I'll take about late in the week :) It needs it's own post.

I hope you all had a splendid weekend. 

2 comments

  1. Yay, that's great news! See, I told you ;)

    LOL, "to yeah we're back on this week"!

    I love her studio! The set up is so cute.

    The pictures you took of them are beautiful. So awesome to see you pursue photography as a business. It's the best thing when you can do what you love.

    I also love that Dom is in dance! Can't wait to read about Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a hot mess. LOL I loved her studio too! Of course it's hard to go wrong with old wood floors and pictures everywhere.

      Thank you very much & yah he's adorable when he dances because he is so NOT into it... it's comical. I probably won't sign him up again unless he asks, but I'm glad I got to experience his adorable little self dancing at least once.

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© - Emily Jane -. Design by FCD.