Mother's Day Weekend

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

1 2 3 4 5

I am exhausted, but in the best possible way. I had a very full weekend, with very little down time. I don't really have it in me to string sentences and form paragraphs at the moment, so here are some highlights. 

Saturday

- I tried a new coffee place called Howlin' Hounds. The atmosphere, the owner, as well as other patrons were amazing. It was one of those mornings, where you're not entirely sure how you managed to just BE there and be so open with strangers, but yet there we all were. I took some photographs, and  I'll share those later in the week. 

- Other than the coffee shop, Dominic and I grabbed some bagels for breakfast at a local spot, played at the park together (there were no other kids there, so I joined in on the fun), and I scouted for some new shooting locations. We had an awesome morning together. 

- I bought a card, roses, a gift card to Red Lobster & printed off a few photographs for my boyfriends mother. She has been unbelievably welcoming and she spoils Dominic EVERY time we see her. She was so moved and emotional about the whole thing. I'm glad I could brighten her day. She in return wound up buying me a small gift for mother's day too (I told her not to!!!).

(Boyfriend bought me mother's day flowers too, they were gorgeous!) 

- Dominic had his Lion King show Saturday night. I was in charge of video-ing the whole thing. He did wonderful. He was so nervous and scared about performing in front of so many people, but he rocked it, and now he says he wants to continue with dance (we'll see). All the littles were absolutely darling jumping and dancing around on stage. Afterwards, my parents took us out to dinner. 

- A spider fell from the ceiling onto my bed... Dominic screamed and cried and I was mildly horrified myself. This really isn't an interesting tid-bit, more just amusing. 

Sunday

- I woke up, did a bunch of cleaning (yes, on Mother's Day). Grabbed breakfast at Burger King (because lazy...)  

- After housework and mowing the front yard my friend Brandon asked if we wanted to go downtown and get some coffee. He introduced me to a place called '13th St Coffee' (pictured above). It was hot out so I got a cold drink and he got a coconut latte- I immediately regretted my choice, his coffee tasted amazing. We had also grabbed lunch, Dominic played on the slides again, and we wandered. It was a nice way to spend Mother's Day afternoon. 

- My mother had us over for dinner. She didn't want any gifts, but asked if I would bring over some Seagramms gin. Ya'll . . . I went to Walmart and tell me WHY they were out of most hard liquor. The only thing they had left was a massive bottle of Tanqueray for $50 bucks or a giant bottle of Seagramms for $25. I bought the cheap one. When I got to her house I plopped it on the kitchen table and she looked at me like I was insane. I said, "Well... looks like you'll be enjoying gin & tonics for the next 3 years" ... She's not much of a drinker, but she likes the occasional adult beverage on holidays (Unlike me where I prefer a couple to a few on the weekends- haha) . I also gave her a card & some flowers.

- After dinner with my folks, I went over to bae's house. We visited with his mom for awhile and than came back to my house and binged watched Unbreakable Kimmy (new season comes out this Friday!)

- It was a busy weekend and from the looks of it next weekend will be busy too. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and have a great week. 

1 comment

  1. It really is the best feeling when you just happen to be at the right place at the right time. I also love the name of that coffee place!

    That is so awesome that his mom is so welcoming. That makes a world of difference. Also love that you took the time (and money) to show her some love on Mother's Day. Very sweet :)

    That's great that he wants to continue! I bet it was so cute.

    Ugh, hate spiders. This is def. their season :/

    Yum, a coconut latte. I'd love to try that!

    Haha, I like a couple on the weekends too! I hardly if ever drink during the weekdays.

    Looking forward to the pictures you share. Remember you said this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© - Emily Jane -. Design by FCD.