- Wow... I haven't updated in forever. It wasn't entirely intentional. I would start posts and either A) would forget all about it or B) didn't feel like I had too much to share. I get in ruts. I'm still scheming how I would like to organize next year. Do I want to post more? less? the same? once a week? twice a week? three times? Who knows. This year seems to be doing me in. Some people excel through adversity, I tend to go left with it.
- So the biggest news (for me anyway) is that I have a boyfriend again. I haven't had a boyfriend since Dominic was a baby. It hasn't been very long. A couple weeks tops. We haven't even announced it on Facebook yet, because I/we (mostly me) want to make sure we make it past a month (maybe even two or three), before my "basic" friends (and relatives outside my parents) know. I pray this works out, but I try to take it all a day at a time. I was straight trippin' (to myself and best friend) 3 days into it. I'm used to being alone. I don't want to be alone forever, but nonetheless I've grown accustomed to it. To have someone want to be around me ALL the time is new for me. But he's sweet, kind, and Dom adores him (I do too) --- and before you get all high & mighty, yes Dominic has met him, because he was with me when I met him.
- The AC in my house died. This could't have come at a worse time. I am so in the hole financially I was in a bit of a panic, but my gracious parents fronted me the money- needless to say they'll be getting my entire tax-return & then some. Dominic and I spent a couple days sweltering. One evening it was almost 90 degrees in the house. I threw him in a tub of cool water and he played in there for a good hour and a half. It's amazing humanity lived this way for centuries! Often times with a mountain of clothes on too.
- I'm OBSESSED with the show 'Power'. (Ghost ANYONE?! yes, please). I've been watching off and on all summer. I'm a bit of an odd duck- I love all the movies & shows filled with gangsters and drugs. (God Father, Scarface, American Gangster, Revolver, Narcos, Lilyhammer, Power, etc). I am completely and totally against drugs (minus medicinal reasons) & crime in "real life" however- haha.
- On the home front I've done nothing this year. I was on a home remodel high about a year ago, and had big plans for my small abode this year, but life got the best of me, and I flat out couldn't afford it nor did I want to deal. Plus I've realized I'm hardly there. "I live at work/Dom's school & chill at the crib" type of deal. A big part of me wonders if owning was the right option.
I hope everyone is doing well. I have blogs I need to catch up/comment on still. See you all on the Snap Chat :D.