- I live in Omaha. A lot of people don't know where that even is. Usually they say things like "oh, like Omaha Steaks?". Like yah.. I guess. I neither care about steaks nor Husker football (which I'm sure makes me a traitor or something, but sports have never been my jam). Anyway, Omaha has a population of 430,000. 500,000+ if you count the surrounding suburbs. Like most mid to major cities in the U.S., usually you're divided by "sides" of towns and neighborhoods. We live in the Benson neighborhood. Every year they do their "Benson Days" which consists of a parade, food trucks, activities for kids, and booths ran by local businesses.
I called up my best friend and asked her (and her son) to go with us. We went out for breakfast before the parade, thankfully found a close parking spot, sat down on the curb and watched the boys snatch up candy as it was tossed to them. Dominic's favorite part was the dancing, he also enjoyed all the vintage old cars and vehicles (like the fire truck), and seeing a "cowboy" about made his whole year. Afterwards, we wandered down the street, got some ice cream, let them get fake tattoos, and then headed home.
- It was such a gorgeous day out on Saturday that I insisted on being outside as much as possible. I briefly went to the library to pick up a book I won't read (lets get real), and a few kid books for Dom (which we will read no less than 20 times over in the next 3 weeks). Afterwards, we went to the art museum just to wander around the grounds. Dominic messed with the fountains, we looked at stuff, I snapped pictures. I'm not sure why, but I seldom want to be at home, except after work. I always want to be out seeing things, experiencing stuff, forcing people I don't know to talk to me (I'm that lady), and just about always I want to be outside.
- I bought Dominic all his school supplies. I think I was more thrilled about it than he was, I've always enjoyed school-supply shopping. The only thing he was excited for was to pick out a brand new backpack. He will start kindergarten in about 3 weeks and he has his first loose tooth! Big things for this little guy.
- I found out I am allergic to Herbal Essences. I bought it because it was on sale. For the past week or so my head has been itchy. I was so concerned about this that I checked Dominic for head lice and then I forced my reluctant mother to check my scalp too. Nobody has lice. She suggested I try a different shampoo and what do ya know- I'm not itchy. I tried Herbal Essences... itchy. So I shampoo'd once again and it was all good in the hood.
- Instagram pulled a Snap Chat, and now I'm torn on which to use. Why is there so much social media ?! Overwhelming. I think I had twitter for two days, and I recently deactivated Facebook for the 100th time.
- Well this coming weekend I have two days to myself, and I have no clue what to do. I have a tentative lunch date with my friend, but I really want to go out at night. Guess I'll see what Saturday brings. Have a good weekend <3.